Thank you for your interest in becoming a member.

To become a member of JCTSA please complete the attached forms (2 forms) and return them either by mail or by hand (must be original – email or fax is not accepted by Police).

The Forms are to be completed in the following manner:-

1. Membership Form 1 – 1 set
2. Membership Form 2 (Vetting Form) – 6 sets (you may fill up 1 Form and then make 6       copies but the signatures in all  forms must be original).
3. Passport size photos – 10 pcs
4. I/c Copy front and back – 3 copy

5. Registration fee – RM300
6. Annual Subscription fee – RM200

MEMBERSHIP FORM 1 (Click to download) 

MEMBERSHIP FORM 2 (Click to download)

  1. eric tan
    August 30, 2011 at 9:29 PM


    for the day member, is there any age restriction? i am more interested in target shooting, will that be offered in the club? will there be any guidance for the new comer?


    • September 11, 2011 at 7:25 AM

      Dear Sir,
      To become a member of JCTSA you must be 18 years old or above. Once you are a member, your spouse and child / children will become JCTSA members as provided under the club’s `Family Membership’. In order to handle the club’s 9mm pistols and shotguns, you will need to apply for a firearm license (`Carry and Use’ License) which requires you to be 18 years old or above. Should you have family members aged below 18, they will be allowed to handle air weapon, .22 rifles and archery under close / direct supervision of our range staff.
      For new comer, we have the official monthly shooting clinic which is held on the 1st Sunday of every month (i.e. Once a month). However, our range staff are more than happy to provide supervision and guidance at any time.

  2. Kelvin Wang
    November 23, 2011 at 10:53 AM

    Can a member purchase their own gun instead of using the shared gun from the association?

    • January 15, 2012 at 8:31 AM

      Yes you may purchase your own gun provided that you have an `A’ License from the police. `A’ license means you can own firearm.

  3. Azam
    December 28, 2011 at 11:02 PM

    Excuse me, i have a question to ask. If i come to the club and send the membership forms at that moment how long should i wait till i can shoot with 9mm gun/shotgun?

    • December 30, 2011 at 7:19 AM

      Once your membership application has been accepted, the club will assist you in applying for “B” License from the police. This license will permit you to carry and use all club’s weapons including 9mm and shotgun. However, the issuance of this license is by the police. Unfortunately, this is beyond us and the police processing time could take as long as 3 to 6 months. In the meantime, as a member, you can practise using air weapons and point 22 rifles which require no license.

  4. Azam
    December 31, 2011 at 12:35 AM

    now its crystal clear for me. thank you very much for the information.

  5. Farhan
    January 3, 2012 at 7:29 PM

    Dear Sir..

    I`m kind of interested to be a member in JCTSA.. Besides, I live in Johor Bahru & my hometown was Kota Tinggi.. However, I would like to ask you some questions :
    1) About the ‘B’ licence which is obtained from the police, is it need to be renew annually? How much are the cost for renewing it?
    2) About the fees, did I need to pay both fees(registration fee & annual fee) at the time I submit the forms? Or used to pay it another time?

    Thanks for your feedback & further info sir..

    • January 15, 2012 at 8:18 AM

      Dear Sir,

      1) the `B’ License is to be renewed in June every year. The renewal fee (to be paid to Police Licensing Dept) is RM10 per gun per year. Usually we would advice our club members to have 1 pistol and 1 shotgun in their license. So if you have 1 pistol and 1 shotgun listed in your license, the renewal fee is RM20 for 1 year.

      2) Our normal practise is that you will need to pay RM300 for registration + RM200 for the annual fee upon submission of your registration form. In case your application is turndown by Police, all payment shall be refunded.

  6. Joe D.L. Reyes
    January 13, 2012 at 10:20 AM

    Hi, I’m a Filipino working in Johor as an engineer since 2004.
    Can I apply for membership. I don’t have much experience with regards
    to target shooting, I just wanted to give it a try.

    • January 15, 2012 at 8:12 AM

      Dear Sir,

      Yes you are welcome to join us. We already have 1 Filipino, 1 German and some Singaporeans as our members.

  7. ezat
    January 16, 2012 at 2:37 AM

    License A is to own only cannot carry and use?
    License B is to carry and use only without owning it?
    If want to own, carry and use must have both licenses isn’t?
    So lets say I have a license A, I can own a gun and use it on the range
    but if want to use your range guns I need to own License B as well?

    • January 23, 2012 at 8:26 AM

      License A is the highest rank (as the letter A suggests). If you have License A – it means you can own a gun, you can keep it and you can carry and use it (no need for License B). And yes you can use it at the range.

      License B is the 2nd in rank. It is a `sub-license’ to License A. If you have License B – it means that you can only carry and use a gun. The gun is owned by a License A holder. If you are a member of our shooting club and want to use club’s guns, the License A holder is the Club because the guns belong to the Club. You as a member, will need License B to carry and use Club’s guns. Your License B is a `sub-license’ to Our Club’s License A.

  8. Farhan
    January 16, 2012 at 7:10 PM

    Dear Sir,
    Nice info from you. Just now you had said about obtaining the `A` licence instead of the `B` licence.. How about the application of the `A` licence?

    • January 23, 2012 at 8:34 AM

      Owning License A means you can own, keep, carry and use a gun. This is a huge responsibility. Because of this, applying License A is not easy and the authorities (police, Ministry of Home Affairs) will not simply issue License A without strong justifiable cause. Some of the reasons that people apply for License A such as, to protect own life, property, plantations (from wild animals / pests) and sports.

      To apply License A, please consult your nearest Police Station.

  9. Ian
    January 22, 2012 at 12:46 AM


    What are the terms & conditions to become a member?I’m 17 and i’m really interested in shooting guns.I live Permas Jaya,Johor.I know it has to be over 18 but you said about “family membership”, is that mean if my father becomes a member then i will be allowed to shoot too?
    Do I need introducer?
    After becoming a member, do i get charged monthly or just the annual sub. fee?
    I have to pay rm300 for the registration only or everytime i enter?
    What about the “day membership”?
    Sorry for my bad english.

    • January 23, 2012 at 8:13 AM

      Since you’re 17 any of of your parents can become a member in order for you to have `Family Membership’. Once you have Family Membership you will have same entitlements as normal member – yes, you’ll be allowed to shoot (with constant and close supervision). Or you can wait for 1 year and turn 18.
      To become a member, you do not need an introducer because all applications will be vetted by police.

      Once you’re a member, you will be required to pay annual fee of RM200. Once every year. No monthly charges / fees. The RM300 registration fee is to be paid only once during application for membership. So when you apply for membership you will need to pay RM300 for registration + RM200 for annual fee = RM500.
      If your application is rejected by police, the RM500 will be refunded.

      Day Membership is RM10 per day. This membership is to attract and encourage people to try shooting sport before deciding to become a full member. If you pay RM10 and become a `Day Member’, you can use the range & facilites just like a normal member but only for that particular day. You can become a Day Member as many days as you like. But Day Member’s firearms rental, targets and ammunition prices are slightly higher than normal member.

  10. Ian
    January 23, 2012 at 11:45 AM

    Thanks a lot!

  11. peh
    April 12, 2012 at 11:43 PM

    hi im an singaporean and if i want to come down for a day and join the day membership what do i need to bring?

    • April 13, 2012 at 10:03 PM

      Hi, actually you don’t have to bring anything. just come and register as day member.

      • peh
        April 14, 2012 at 7:27 PM

        okay thank you

  12. Michelle
    April 28, 2012 at 7:08 AM


    is it allow women to apply membership ?

    how is the firearm’s rental for member ? Thank you

  13. EK
    May 6, 2012 at 9:31 PM

    Hi, can we know what is the difference of prices range between members and non-members on the bullets, targets or traps or any others fees we need to know for non-members??

  14. EK
    May 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM

    EK :
    Hi, can we know what is the difference of prices range between members and non-members on the bullets, targets or traps or any others fees we need to know for non-members??

    • May 10, 2012 at 11:19 PM

      Hi, you can download our rates which we had posted under “Facilities” page. You will need to scroll down to see the rates at the bottom.

  15. Dr Lee
    May 28, 2012 at 3:14 PM

    Hi is there any air rifle shooting fascilities at your place? Im only interested in rifle target shooting as of the olympic sports and not very interested in the pistols or shotguns. Do I still need to get a B license for that?

  16. Khoo
    June 21, 2012 at 10:06 AM

    I am a Malaysian working and residing in Singapore presently. Do I qualify for “A” and “B” licenses and if I want to own a firearm for sport shooting can I store it at the club armoury?


    • December 18, 2012 at 12:18 AM

      You may apply both A & B licenses for shooting sport purposes. However getting an A license will have to undergo very stringent process in Malaysia and you need to be a member of a shooting club. Should you manage to get A License, as a club member we can arrange for your firearm to be kept at our armoury. It is a safer and proper option.

  17. Hazreen
    July 30, 2012 at 12:51 AM

    I have some question here…
    1.Actully I’m interested and like to join members in JCTSA, but I don’t have any licend, but pass years ago in 2004, i still remember i have licend pumguns and pistols under Amour Securty, and my question is it’s posible to persons like me just civilians to join JCTSA?

    2. My secound question, may i have JCTSA term and condition to joint JCTSA if posible can i get it in Bahasa Malaysia.

    3. Now I’m work as Technition in Pest Control
    company, but i work under Singapore Army in
    Pulau Tekong (BMTC). Is it will be give me any problem in my future if Singapore Army side know I’m joint JCTSA?

    • August 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM

      Dear Hazreen

      Thank you for your interest to join us.

      1. You are welcomed to join our association. to be a member, you will need to submit duly completed membership application which, you can download it from our website or you may also visit us at Ladang REM, Kota Tinggi, Johor. once we received your duly completed application,we will submit to the Police for vetting. after we received confirmation from the police Department, we will assist you to apply for B License(C&U) to enable you to use the club’s weapons.

      2. As for the terms and conditions, we are stipulated as accordance to Akta Senjatapi 1960.

      3. As for your membership with JCTSA, you will need to check and confirm with your appointment under Singapore Army. As for us, we have no problem to register your membership.

      Thank you.

  18. dom
    November 15, 2012 at 11:44 AM

    hi im dom i am 15 years old , but i’m intersted in guns and shooting so if my father join the club and so i can join too

    • November 16, 2012 at 12:54 PM

      Dear Dom.
      Yes. There is a family membership. If your father joins the club you may also use our facilities.

  19. surenddra
    January 10, 2013 at 1:25 AM

    For day membership, what are the current charges..?

    • January 17, 2013 at 2:14 PM

      Day membership is RM12. You still required to pay other charges such as firearm rental – RM5 per pc, Targets & Ammunition.

  20. Robin C.
    January 25, 2013 at 3:47 PM


    I’m interested for the membership but I saw your form and it stated that proposer and seconder are needed. So if I don’t recognize anybody there, how am I suppose to join the club? Please kindly advise.

    • January 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM

      You can leave the column blank. The Committee members will assist in filling it. You don’t have worry about it

  21. lee
    January 26, 2013 at 9:42 PM

    I want to join the shooting sports. I am 21 years old.Can be added to a member yet?I want to know is I can own the gun?You can carry it?Thank you for your reply

    • January 28, 2013 at 8:20 AM

      If your are 21, yes you can join the club. Once you are a club member, we will assist you in getting the license to “carry and use” Club’s gun.
      If you wish to own a gun, you need to apply on your own, license to “own” a gun. For more details on applying license to own, you can check with any of the district police stations.

  22. lee
    January 28, 2013 at 2:18 PM

    I would like to ask you if I want to buy a gun.My gun is to give you custody right?

  23. lee
    January 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM

    I would like to ask. Is there a price list I reference it?If the price of the pistol purchased to reply to me as soon as possible Oh thank you

  24. lee
    January 29, 2013 at 10:22 PM

    If I want to buy their own guns. Can choose their favorite type? Reply as soon as possible I am very interested. Ipsc interested

    • February 6, 2013 at 9:44 PM

      To buy your own gun you will need to have `License to Own’. You have to apply this license on your own. Once you have this license you can buy your own favourite gun.

  25. Kamal
    February 12, 2013 at 8:54 PM

    Dear Sir,
    I’m currently based in JB for the next 6 months. I am interested in Day Membership. Am I required to own a lesen ‘B’ before I may shoot with 9mm’s. Also I have no exposure to shotguns but wish to try clay shooting. Would your range staff be able to assist?
    Your prompt reply is appreciated, Thank you

    • March 3, 2013 at 11:16 AM

      Yes, you need B license to carry and use 9mm pistol & shotgun for shooting clays. Once you are a full member, the club will assist you in getting the said license.

  26. Kenneth
    March 3, 2013 at 9:53 AM

    I am a little confused here, so if I have a day license can I try the 9mm pistol shooting?

  27. Anthony Leonard
    March 12, 2013 at 11:33 AM

    Dear Sir,
    I’m intersted to join the JCTSA. My son is 13yrs old and is in the Polis Cadet. Can he join me when I apply for the membership?

  28. Leonard
    March 12, 2013 at 7:25 PM

    Anthony Leonard :
    Dear Sir,
    I’m intersted to join the JCTSA. My son is 13yrs old and is in the Polis Cadet. Can he join me when I apply for the membership?

    • April 20, 2013 at 8:58 AM

      Yes. Automatically under `Family Membership’.

  29. Jordan Ng
    March 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM

    Dear sir,

    1. I hv CnU B license from a seccurity company. Can i be a member?
    2. Can a Sporean be a member?


    • April 20, 2013 at 8:58 AM

      Firstly, you don’t have to have CnU license to join the Club. But once you are a member, you need to have CnU license to use the Club’s shotgun and 9mm pistols. Your CnU license from a security company cannot be used to handle our club’s guns.

      Secondly, yes Sporean can become a member.

  30. lee
    April 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM

    i wan ask got ipsc shotgun??semi auto shotgun?

    • April 20, 2013 at 8:54 AM

      We currently don’t have ipsc shotgun. We are in the process of getting them. Perhaps by the end of the year we should be able to have ipsc shotgun.

  31. April 29, 2013 at 1:14 AM

    hi there i’m from sarawak buts i’ve work in johor about 2 years and a half i’m interested in shooting and once i have shooting m-16 rifle when i was at PLKN at sarawak..i know that if u wan to own gun licence u must not have a crime record with police but at sarawak i have once got a ticket from police coz of my traffic errors..does this affect my police vetting??

    • June 26, 2013 at 12:01 PM

      We don’t think minor traffic offends would affect the police vetting.

  32. Patrick Tan
    May 1, 2013 at 3:23 PM

    Hi, I’m Patrick, I’m currently in Johor.
    I’m interested to JCTSA.
    I’m new to this shooting sport and I would like to know more about the detail.
    Some question:
    1. How many categories in this sport? I saw there are rifle, shot gun, handgun.
    2. I don’t own a gun. Do you provide rental? What is the rental rate?
    I guess I may need to drop by to your office to get more info.


    • June 26, 2013 at 11:51 AM

      The shooting sport categories that we have at our range are as follows:-
      1. 9mm pistol practical shooting
      2. Shotgun for Olympic Trap
      3. Shotgun for Double Trap
      4. Shotgun for Skeet
      5. Shotgun for Sporting Clay
      6. Air weapon shooting

      Once you are a member, you may use Club’s gun at a rental rate of RM 5 per piece.
      Yes, you may drop by at our office for more details.

  33. May 7, 2013 at 3:22 AM

    Hi, so i can just come and sign up for day member and enjoy the sports right away without having to have any license? Thanks

  34. sawguan
    May 7, 2013 at 3:23 AM

    Hi, so i can just come and sign up for day member and enjoy the sports without having to have any license? Thanks!

    • June 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM

      As a day member you may use club facilities. For firearms you are limited to air weapon and point22 rifle only. 9mm and shotgun requre police license.

  35. SL
    July 14, 2013 at 8:32 PM

    Hi JCTSA, could you enlighten me more on what is required to apply for an “A” license. I am a keen shooter and would like to personally own my own firearm and perhaps get a firearm of choice, what is required for me to apply for such a license and what are the benefits of having such a license? A little background, I am a 22 year old Malaysian, do not posses any criminal records and have been law abiding all my life.
    I was initially drawn into hunting when I was much younger mostly attributed to my grandfather.

    I thank you very much for your time taken to read into this.


    • July 28, 2013 at 6:36 PM

      Regarding A License, please refer to my reply to Mohd Noriskandar.

  36. alan
    July 23, 2013 at 12:47 AM

    I would like to ask. If I straight away to the office for membership registration. Do I have to pay the fees while waiting for the police approval? And how long will it take?

    • July 28, 2013 at 6:35 PM

      Yes you need to pay RM500 (RM300 registration + RM200 annual fee) when you register for membership.
      It usually takes about 3 months to get police vetting approval. If your police vetting is rejected, all payment shall be refunded to you.

  37. Mohd Noriskandar
    July 27, 2013 at 2:24 PM

    hi guys…im a 30 years old malaysian male interested in joingn the clay shooting assoc…

    i have few questions:-

    1) what are the documents needed to register for type B & A license ?
    2) what are the requirements for me to apply for type B & A license ?
    3) if i have passed both licenses what type of firearm am i allowed to have/handle/carry ?


    • July 28, 2013 at 6:32 PM

      A License is to own firearm. B License is to carry & use firearm. The concept is, B license holder carries and uses A License holder’s firearms. B is a sub-license to A. In our club situation, the A License holder is our club’s President. All club’s firearms are registered under his name. The club members apply to the Police, a B license so as to carry and use the President’s firearms (the A License holder).
      If you become our shooting club member, we shall apply B License for you to enable you to use the club’s firearms.

      The approval to have A or B license is entirely up to the Police. Based on our limited knowledge, to apply for A or B license you may need to meet any one of the following justifications:-
      1. To protect life (your own)
      2. To protect property (usually large plantation)
      3. To actively involve in sport (shooting sports)

      Each of the justifications above will require different sets of supporting documents. eg, if you wish to use firearm for protecting plantation from pests or wild animals you will need to support your application with land ownership titles.

      It’s too long to explain the details here. The best way is to go to the nearest District Police station and get advice from the License department (Ibu Pejabat Polis Daerah – Bahagian Perlesenan or Persenjataan).

      • Mohd Noriskandar
        July 30, 2013 at 10:45 AM

        thanks…will do try to join you guys later this year…

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: